Note: Admission policies may vary by location due to state or local ordinances. Contact your local theatre if you have questions regarding any state or local requirements.
The following information has been provided from Regal's FAQ page.
For films rated “R” by the MPAA:
- REG will not sell tickets to any person under the age of 17 (18 where applicable).
- A person must be at least 21 years old in order to purchase multiple tickets without providing additional photo I.D. for additional tickets.
- The purchaser must also attend the movie for which the additional tickets are purchased.
- Patrons 17 to 20 years of age may only purchase more than one ticket if they are able to provide photo I.D. for proof of age for each additional ticket being purchased.
- Children 6 and under are not allowed to attend Rated R features.
- Managers may empower Ushers to check for photo identification if a guest appears to be underage and is holding a ticket for an “R” rated feature.
- Kiosk ticket sales are an important service for our guests. Tickets can be purchased online and picked up at the theatre, or an individual may purchase tickets directly from the kiosk. It is important to remember that the admittance procedures still apply to those individuals that make purchases or redeem on-line ticket purchases from a ticketing kiosk.
- Theatre Employees may be stationed at the entrance to theatre(s) playing MPAA rated “R” films to check tickets and photo identification for all who enter to prevent minors from improperly entering.
- REG reserves the right to refuse entrance to anyone that cannot present valid photo identification along with a ticket for the proper show time of the “R” rated film.